This project is read-only.

version 0.6 problem

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Hi, and thanks all contributors for this great theme.

I had installed the 0.5 version. 

Then I unistalled the 0.5 version and I installed the 0.6 version. From that point Orchard says "Some features need to be upgraded: (link) TheMetroTheme". When click the link "The Metro Theme" it shows the modules admin page. What can I do next?

I tried to update via the themes admin page, but then Orchard says "An error occured while updating the theme TheMetroTheme: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.". What I made wrong?

Thanks a lot...

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Generally delete the theme v0.5.0 Alpha from the themes directory and then install the 0.6.0 Alpha is not properly.
Install the v0.6.0 Alpha overwriting the 0.5.0 Alpha is the thing to do.

But in this moment I don't think that it is your problem, rather from what you say maybe "Package Updates" module should be disabled ?!?

You can find it in Modules > Packaging > Package Updates

Please check it and retry to install v0.6.0 Alpha

If above does not work, we will try together deleting the references in the theme v0.5.0 Alpha from the database and then reinstalling the v0.6.0 Alpha

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:23 PM

MarcoSiniscalco, thanks for the answer.

The modules for the packages are all enabled (Package Updates, Packaging, packaging commands), but orchard insist to the above behavior. I deleted the folder (of 0.6 version) and then I installed the same version, but the results are the same. What can I do?

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2012 at 1:48 PM

You can try to do thorough cleaning of the theme, following the instructions below:
1) Make a Backup;
2) Set as current an other theme;
3) Delete "The Metro Theme" Directory;
4) Open Orchard Database and Drop "TheMetroTheme_ThemeSettingsRecord";
5) Open table "Orchard_Framework_DataMigrationRecord" in Orchard Database and delete the record that has "TheMetroTheme.Migrations" value in the DataMigrationClass column (Delete From Orchard_Framework_DataMigrationRecord WHERE DataMigrationClass = 'TheMetroTheme.Migrations')

Now you no longer have references to "The Metro Theme" and you can reinstal v0.6.0 Alpha from the Orchard Gallery.

If the problem persists then you need to look elsewhere and not in the theme.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Thanks a lot. Case closed...